The Central Electricity Board (CEB) is a parastatal body wholly owned by the Government of Mauritius and operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Energy and Public Utilities. Established in 1952 and empowered by the Central Electricity Board Act of 25 January 1963, the CEB's business is to "prepare and carry out development schemes with the general object of promoting, coordinating and improving the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity" in Mauritius.

The CEB produces around 40% of the country's total power requirements from its 4 thermal power stations and 10 hydroelectric plants; the remaining 60% being purchased from Independent Power Producers. Currently, the CEB is the sole organisation responsible for the transmission, distribution and supply of electricity to the population. It employs around 2,200 people.